Monday, August 16, 2010

Flowers, Weddings or Pets, I just love taking Photos...


I've worked in photo labs, been a portrait photographer in a studio, and photographed tons of weddings.  I've owned a photo gallery, done freelance work for business events, and currently own an on location photography business.   And I still can't get enough of it.  I love having a camera in my hands.  I was working in a photo lab when I got my first real photography job.  I was so excited I couldn't stand it.  I don't know where this love of photography came from, I just know that it's always been there.  I wish I could describe how I feel about it, but chances are, if you are reading this, you are interested in photography and know exactly what I mean.  There's something about creating a work of art in a split second, with just the push of a button.  There's more to it, of course...exposure, lighting, shutter speed, aperture.  It's a process.  But to me, the greatest thing about photography is that when I push that button, I've created something in a moment that no one else on earth can duplicate.  Another photographer could be in the same place, at the same time, but they will not create the same work of art that I've created.  I will have mine...and they will have created their own.So go out and take your camera with you.  You just never know when you might come upon a work of art waiting to happen...

**How do you feel when you have a camera in your hands?  Do you love being a photographer, amateur or otherwise?  Let me know how you feel about it by commenting below!**

~ Kara Stewart

P.S. Fill this out below to receive my blog (and more!) by email...

No comments:

Post a Comment