Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Photos and Working with Photoshop

I usually post blogs about travel and photography, but I thought I'd post something different this time.  Just for my own benefit, I've been playing around with Photoshop.  I generally don't use it much, except to occasionally adjust brightness or contrast in a photo.  But I've always wanted to learn more about it, so for the last few months, I've been going through tutorials and videos galore.

It's truly amazing what you can do with it.  There are some great tutorials out there for everything from simple adjustments like brightness and contrast to more complicated procedures like drawing in fireworks for your company logo.   

I recently learned how to merge two photos.  There are several different ways to do this and each way has it's own benefits.  One way might have seamless merging, but both photos need to be the exact same size.  Another way may not be perfectly seamless, but photo size doesn't matter and there are more options for merging.  It's all something you have to play around with to find your own personal preferences.  

Click on each photo below to see the full size image and comment to let me know what you think!

luau hawaii canoe
lotus flower
flower hawaii beach

For more information about Photoshop, visit Photoshop.com.

~Kara Stewart


P.S. Fill this out below to receive my blog (and more!) by email...


No comments:

Post a Comment