Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pearl Harbor



In keeping with last week's blog, I decided to do another one related to Hawaii. This one is about Pearl Harbor. I visited there with my family when we were in Hawaii for my brother's wedding. It was awe inspiring. We toured the submarine USS Bowfin, the Arizona Memorial (pictured above), and the battleship USS Missouri.


One of the neatest things I saw was aboard the USS Missouri. We stood on the spot where World War II ended (pictured above) and saw the documents signed to end the war:


Douglas MacArthur's signature:


If you ever get a chance to go, but aren't sure if you'd like it, take my word for it and just go. The history represented there is amazing. For more information on Pearl Harbor and what happened there, visit the official site at Attack on Pearl Harbor: Ships, Heroes and Speeches.

~Kara Stewart


P.S. Fill this out below to receive my blog (and more!) by email...









No comments:

Post a Comment